ADA Website Conformance
Colony Inn Universal Studios Los Angeles
Our goal is to provide hospitality to all people who travel to North Hollywood. This means everyone. Our mission is to make it as easy as possible for all people including those with hearing, vision, or any other disability to learn about our property and book their stay if they so desire.
If you have difficulty learning about or booking our hotel, we invite you to contact us via telephone or email and our friendly staff will gladly assist you.
4917 Vineland Ave North Hollywood, CA 91601
We work very hard to provide an easy-to-use online experience for all guests. We believe all of our website visitors should be able to easily research online on http://colonyinn.com regardless of device type and whether an individual requires assistive technology like a screen reader, font magnification, translation or voice recognition software.
To ensure this, Stone Villa Inn is committed to compliance with Level AA success criteria of the Website Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0), an international standard measure of accessibility success. Our website and digital marketing has been developed after carefully parsing these particular guidelines and is continuously being enhanced to make our technology more accessible and user-friendly.
We have tested our hotel's website to ensure that we meet or exceed Level AA checkpoints of the WCAG 2.0 Standard.
Our hotel website allows visitors to search for accessibility featured guest rooms with ease and details our property's accessibility features on our Hotel Overview page which can be found here: ADA-Text-Website.php
If you have any questions or would like to report any issues related to the accessibility features of our hotel's website, please contact us at (818) 763-2787
You can learn more about W3C's Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) HERE
Our Hotel Offers The Following Accessibility Features Property Accessibility Features
- -32 Inch Wide Openings to Common Areas
- -Accessibility Equipment for The Deaf
- -Accessible Business Center
- -Accessible Elevator
- -Accessible Guest Rooms with 32 Inch Wide Openings
- -Accessible Patio or Balcony
- -Accessible Registration Check-in Counter
- -Accessible Routes To Fire Exits
- -ADA Accessible Guest Room
- -ADA Compliant Elevator
- -All areas of the hotel are accessible by wheelchair – including a wheelchair accessible route from the accessible parking spaces to the facility's front entrance and to the key areas of the facility
- -All doorways to and within Accessible Guest Rooms are Wheelchair Accessible
- -All Signs on The Property are Easy to Read and Free From Reflective Material
- -At the Check-In Counter, there is a Retractable Table that Extends for Wheelchair Level Access.
- -Braille Signage throughout property
- -Breakfast Area on Ground Floor
- -Front Door Bell
- -Ground Floor Hotel Entrance
- -Hotel corridors a minimum of 36” wide
- -Hotel Provides Proper Number of Accessible Guest Rooms
- -Knock Light
- -Lower Counter Height with Access to Pull Underneath
- -On-Site Designated Accessible Parking
- -People in Need of Accessible Features Can Book Accessible Rooms During The Same Time and Terms That Others Can Reserve Rooms
- -Registration Desk is Accessible
- -Service Animals Allowed At No Additional Charge
- -Staff Has Access to Information About Guest Rooms
- -Staff is Trained to Offer Assistance to Ensure Accessibility
- -TDD Telephone
- -Van Accessible Parking
- -WCAG Level 2.0 Website
- -Wheelchair Accessible
- -Wheelchair Accessible
- -Service Animals Allowed
- -Accessible Power Outlets
- -Hearing Impaired Light Alerts with Kit
- -Light/Lamp Controls are Push Button
- -Lower Level Individual Thermostat
- -Lowered Closet Bars and Shelving
- -Strobe Lights
- -Visual Door Knocker
- -Shaker Alarm Clock
- -TDD Teletype
- -Visual Alarm Equipped
- -Closed Captioning Television
- -Door Bell
- -Accessible Path of Travel Around Beds
- -Multi-Level Door Viewers
- -Closet Bars and/or Shelving Lowered
- -Drapery Control with a 36” Clear Path Within Reach & Lowered Wands
- -Lowered, Individual Thermostat Control
- -Push Button Light/Lamp Control-Type
- -Hearing Impaired Light Alerts – Free Portable Equipment Provided by Hotel
- -Table/Desk Height Accessible with Knee Space 27” (width) and 34" (height)
- -At Least (1) Power Outlet with a Clear Space in Front, 15” from Ground
- -Power Outlets within 4” of Telephone
- -Communication Kits Available with TTY Machine, Strobe Light, & Visual Door Knocker
- -Visual Alarm – Free Portable Equipment Provided by Hotel
- -Telephone with Visual Call Alert – Free Portable Equipment Provided by Hotel
- -Wheelchair Accessible Route in Room
- -Telephone with Volume Control
- -Raised Toilet Seat
- -Grab Bars at Tub with a Tub Seat
- -Hand-held Shower Wand
- -Low Level Towel Hooks and Racks
- -Lower Mirrors
- -Removable Shower Head
- -Shower Seat
- -Lowered Towel Hooks and Racks
- -Toilet Grab Bars
- -Drain and Water Pipes Under Sink are Insulated
Hotel Website Accessibility Features
This hotel website for Colony Inn Universal Studios Los Angeles is designed to be fully accessible to all and is designed according to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and conforms to most priority checkpoints which entail some of the following elements:
Our hotel's website can be navigated by using the tab key to traverse the elements of each page and by using the enter key to activate a highlighted link.
Structured, Semantic Markup
HTML heading tags are used to convey the document structure. Navigation menus are tagged as HTML maps so that the menu title can be read out, and the menu items are presented as a group. Please see our Site Map for easy navigation at: http://colonyinn.com/sitemap.xml
All content images include descriptive ALT attributes and all purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
The site is designed to conform to Level AA compliance as specified by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. All pages validate as XHTML 1.0 and use structured semantic markup.
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 , which explains the reasons behind each guideline.
- Section 508 , Information and news about the accessibility standards introduced by Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Accessibility Software and Services
The following tools and services are available for free to assist you with viewing and interacting with our website:
- Click Here for HTML Validator , a free service for checking that web pages conform to published HTML standards.
- Click Here for Web Page Backward Compatibility Viewer , a tool for viewing your web pages without a variety of modern browser features.
- Click Here for Lynx , a free text-only web browser.
Optimize the way you view your web browser. If you have difficulty in reading the Colony Inn Universal Studios Los Angeles website on your screen, you may be able to change the settings on your browser to help you improve readability and visibility of each webpage:
Learn about the Accessibility features of these major Internet Browsers below:
- Mozilla Firefox: Click Here for Mozilla Firefox Accessibility Features
- Google Chrome: Click Here for Google Accessibility Features
- Internet Explorer: Click Here for Microsoft Internet Explorer Ease of Access Options
- Apple Safari: Click Here for Apple Accessibility Support
Additionally, the entire site was tested using WAVE Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool, created by WebAIM.org, a third party authority in web accessibility. The site is tested periodically to ensure any added or edited content conforms with the latest accessibility guidelines, as reported by the WAVE tool.